Wednesday, June 20, 2012

#DNC plagiarizes #MadMen again


When the Mad Men advertising agents tried to develop a campaign for Mohawk Airlines, they described Native Americans as having distinct cheekbones:

DALE: We could dress the stew as Pocahontas.




SAL: With the cheekbones.

Similarly, Elizabeth Warren, the Massachusetts Democrat candidate for the U.S. Senate & her family apparently harbored the same ethnic stereotypes of Native Americans as the Mad Men characters:
 
"I still have a picture on my mantel and it is a picture my mother had before that - a picture of my grandfather. And my Aunt Bea has walked by that picture at least a 1,000 times remarked that he - her father, my Papaw -- had high cheek bones like all of the Indians do. Because that is how she saw it and your mother got those same great cheek bones and I didn't. She that thought was the bad deal she had gotten in life."

For some reason [sarcasm], actual members of the Cherokee Nation find Warren to be almost as annoying as the average Republican does.






No comments :

Post a Comment