Sunday, April 26, 2009

Still ambivalent about Saberi

I share the ambivalence voiced by numerous posters on Malkin's blog, but I'll be a good egg & pull together. I suspect that Iran wants to trade Saberi for Iranian agents held in US custody:
the Iranian government is maneuvering to trade Miss Saberi's freedom for that of five Revolutionary Guards captured by U.S. forces while training insurgents in Iraq

I suspect Obama will be more than willing to release these Iranian agents (I'm surprised that he hasn't already). & I finally suspect that Saberi will act like the hostage freed from pirates & attack Republicans as soon as she's released:
"The president did the right thing. It's a war. It's about good versus evil. And what you (Limbaugh) said is evil, that is hate speech. I won't tolerate it," Murphy said.

even though Obama did not specifically order the SEALs to rescue the Maersk Alabama captors.

That being said, I wish Saberi a happy birthday. I hope she's released from prison safe and sound & I hope that US national security isn't impacted too negatively from this incident.

UPDATE

If Theodore Roosevelt was still alive, this is how he would deal with the Saberi situation:



However, since Obama is in the White House, the Iranian mullahs can sleep safe & sound & not worry about any such thing happening to them.

1 comment :

  1. "& attack Republicans as soon as she's released:" you sure got that right as every one of these people taken hostage are inevitably the same morons who think these enemies of ours are just misunderstood....I wrote about the last one who came back and bashed the Iraq war and Bush as well.

    Thanks for the add and I've returned the favor. Have a great week ahead earning money to pay taxes for all these lazy Obama supporters.

    ReplyDelete