Friday, January 16, 2009

Auto Repair in Dayton, OH

A list of compiled responses from a listserve bleg for reliable auto repair shops in the Dayton, OH area:

Murphy's in Beavercreek is good. Not the cheapest out there, but very customer friendly and thorough

Sears at the Fairfield Commons Mall. they are REALLY good and have warranties. I would not go to a cheap place because they never did well fixing my car.

I take mine to Sears Auto Center every so often. Can't say that they didn't rip me off but all mechanics do that.

I would also like to include an NON-recommendation to CarX on Woodman. Terrible, rude, and a HUGE ripoff. [Wanted $110 for a 25 minute job].

Try Dye's Auto in Beavercreek or just up the road at Krug Auto Sales on Colonel Glenn.

Sexton's Automotive, 103 W. Dayton-Yellow Springs Rd., Fairborn 879-5003. They're honest and have fair prices.

I had this same repair done (serpentine belt) just before Christmas at the Valvoline oil change place on Fairfield Road (just before the Shell station at the Dayton-Xenia Road intersection). It was a decent price and they did it in about 15 minutes. I've had them do a couple more-than-oil-change repairs like that. They do a good job!

Beavercreek Marathon on Dayton-Xenia Rd. in Beavercreek.

Monro Muffler Brake & Service: Formerly Procare, Woodman Dr. (937) 252-9936 A co-worker recommended them to me once, and I've taken both our cars there a few times, and they've done a good job. I'm pretty sure I didn't get screwed, but you never know.

Not sure if this is really good but a friend of mine had an emergency stop at one place near the corner of Airway and Woodman and got quick service; they did appear to diagnose the problem and was reasonable. You turn left on Woodman and it's on the right hand side. There are 3-4 auto shops in that neighborhood.

Fairborn Service, 878-5422. I have taken my cars there for 15-20 years.

There is a Midas on Colonel Glenn, past 675... It's by a Jiffy Lube, burger king etc... they give people with WSU ID's a 10% discount and do good work!

I can't speak from personal experience but a family member of mine has had good luck with AJ's Complete Auto Repair 1614 Kauffman Ave, Fairborn - (937) 878-6555


Have her call John Pierce Auto Care at 878-3601. They are just down the road on Central and Kaufmann in Fairborn. They do a great job and are reasonably priced.

I highly recommend Hyder Automotive in downtown Fairborn. The owner’s name is Dave Hyder and he does excellent work and is very fair. His number is 879-3878. He is located by the Bookery/Fantasy comic book store on main street.

No comments :

Post a Comment