Here's the text of the letter I sent to my #OHSen Rob Portman stating my opposition to proposed Red Flag laws in case anyone wants to crib notes— 🎼AdagioForStrings🎻 (@adagioforstring) August 7, 2019
You can find your US Senator contact info here:https://t.co/ys2BTDKfm9
& your US House Representative here:https://t.co/aUTDM7MjqH pic.twitter.com/E8fcaUlYnP
I oppose the proposed Red Flag gun control laws.
I’m a Republican who lives in your district, [ ] . I’m concerned that the proposed so called Red Flag laws or “safety
protection orders” will be exploited to deprive law abiding citizens of their freedoms that are codified in the Bill of Rights and the United States Constitution. Democrats, both in public office and in
the media, frequently smear their political opponents as either evil or insane.
A politically motivated judiciary may allow their personal or political
prejudices to sway their decision to deprive citizens of their right to protect
themselves. Once a protection order has been implemented, the burden of proof
is inverted from English Common Law standards.
The accused must prove his innocence in order to have his rights
restored.
I believe that the 2nd Amendment is the bedrock
that helps protect the entire Bill of Rights. I disagree with the Machiavellian
mantra of "Never Let A Good Crisis Go To Waste." Manipulating the
emotional response after a tragedy to expand the powers of government and
curtail individual liberty is poor public policy.
Respectfully,
[ Your Name ]
Dana Loesch also has good questions to ask your elected officials:
And I might change the wording of the original letter I sent:
[ Your Name ]
Dana Loesch also has good questions to ask your elected officials:
@Dloesch also has good questions you can ask your state and national representatives when you call them - you can find contact info for all here:https://t.co/j064Xx5UYNhttps://t.co/EHG3zNlOzb pic.twitter.com/Tz0fX42JTS— 🎼AdagioForStrings🎻 (@adagioforstring) August 10, 2019
And I might change the wording of the original letter I sent:
I might replace the phrase "constitutionally protected liberties" in the above letter— 🎼AdagioForStrings🎻 (@adagioforstring) August 9, 2019
with
"freedoms that are codified in the Bill of Rights and the United States Constitution"https://t.co/2MLKOxgWg2 pic.twitter.com/cqRDSgxPAr

No comments :
Post a Comment