Thursday, March 19, 2009

Protest! Murtha Awarded the Department of the Navy ‘Distinguished Public Service Award’

The Obama administration gave an award to Murtha last week: "Murtha Awarded the Department of the Navy ‘Distinguished Public Service Award’"

Murtha called active duty Marines serving in Iraq murderers & has never apologized.

You can sign an online protest petition.

UPDATE I

If/when you do sign the petition, think of something pithy to write in the comment section, such as:

Murtha is a disgrace to Country, Congress, and the Marine Corps


UPDATE II

To clarify the article in World Net Daily, and to give credit where it is due, I was citing the comment of protest petition signer #4486, Eric Germany, in my original post. I share his sentiments exactly. I had already signed the petition when I noticed that others were offering effusive feedback, and thus offered my 20/20 hindsight advice above.

UPDATE III

It just dawned on me that the powers that be probably won't care about a miscellaneous online petition. To make certain that your disdain is acknowledged in Washington, send a postcard (vs an enveloped letter to avoid being tossed out during security processing) to the acting Navy Secretary:

The Honorable BJ Penn
Secretary of the Navy
1000 Navy Pentagon
Washington, D.C. 20350-1000

&/or send an online message directly to the Navy .

Here's the gist of what I wrote:

I was writing to record my displeasure with the US Navy's decision to award Rep. Murtha with the Distinguished Public Service Award.

http://www.murtha.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=629&Itemid=62

Rep. Murtha slandered active duty troops before their trial concluded. In so doing, Murtha attempted to prejudice the jury against the accused. Murtha's attack also provided aid and comfort to a hostile enemy.

Sec. Winter's award to Rep Murtha is an insult to all Americans who have served honorably in our military. Sec. Penn should seriously consider rescinding this award.

Respectfully,

No comments :

Post a Comment