Tuesday, August 21, 2018

#TrumpRussiaCollusion is a reaction from swamp rats to #DrainTheSwamp











From Season 4 Episode 30 "The School Picture"





Gilbert: Boy, are you in a mess! 

Beaver: Why am I in a mess?

Gilbert: Remember that other day when we had that picture taken?

Beaver: Yeah

Gilbert: Well when Miss Lander's sees that picture, that's when you'll be in a mess.

Beaver: Why?


Gilbert: Because you made a face, that's why! 

Beaver: Well, you're going to be in a mess, too, because you made a face 

Gilbert: She'd be sore at me IF I made a face. 

Beaver: You mean you didn't? 

Gilbert: No, what do you think I am, a chump?


Beaver: Boy, you said we were both going to do it. That's the only reason I did it.  

Gilbert: Beaver, I was just kidding with you.  I didn't think anyone was dumb enough to make a face in a class picture. 

Beaver: Boy, you know something, Gilbert? You're a dirty rat!

Gilbert: I may be a dirty rat, but I'm not a dumb rat [runs away]





Gilbert: Hello, Mrs. Bruce.

Mrs. Bruce: Why, hello, Gilbert. 

Gilbert: May I carry one of your packages for you?

Mrs. Bruce: Yes, I'd appreciate that. 





Gilbert: I'd be happy to

Mrs: Bruce: My, what a fine little gentleman!


[Gilbert walks away with his nose in the air]



[ Beaver kicks the tree instead of hitting Gilbert]



[showing the photo with Beaver making a face]








Mrs. Rayburn: This is just disgraceful, Miss Landers. Just disgraceful!


Miss Landers: I can't understand Theodore doing such a thing

Rayburn: Did you talk to the photographer? 

Landers: Yes. This has already gone to the printer. It will have to appear in the yearbook just the way it is. 

Rayburn: Aw dear. Well, have you the Cleavers' number? 

Landers: Yes, I do, Mrs. Rayburn. I thought you might want it.


Rayburn: I can't remember anything like this happening well in all the years.  Well, there was that time when Eddie Haskell was at school here.  



The character of Gilbert even has a tenuous connection to the FBI. He's a lying braggart & pretends his father works for the FBI from Catching up with Stephen Talbot: GILBERT BATES from Leave It to Beaver!” Silver Screen Artists, 20 Sept. 2016, silverscreenartists.com/catching-up-with-stephen-talbot-gilbert-bates-from-leave-it-to-beaver/.

"But Beaver’s impression of Gilbert changes when he hears all the neat stories of Gilbert’s life – such as preparing to run in the 1968 Olympics, having visited the north pole, knowing famous people and his father being a gunshot wounded FBI agent – stories which to any adult are obvious fabrications, but to Beaver are fascinating."


No comments :

Post a Comment