It's weird that a number of Catholic inner city churches are shutting down because their former congregations have moved to the suburbs, it seems the opposite trend is happening in Judaism, where suburban synagogues are losing people to bigger city congregations.
I was flipping thru the channels & heard part of this woman's speech & was somewhat concerned until I heard the context-she is part of a synagogue in Latrobe , Pennsylvania that is losing members & wishes people from Pittsburgh would move to her congregation to help out pic.twitter.com/cxuKkDKyyI
— sgabig (@sgabig) March 21, 2021
Above clip is from PBS "There are Jews here"https://t.co/BkX5TG806D pic.twitter.com/fVhZirITqx
— sgabig (@sgabig) March 21, 2021
For Catholics - we have the opposite demographic shift - people leave city churches for the suburbs - but we have the same problem where most people in the congregation don't sing pic.twitter.com/IllMjnzeCj
— sgabig (@sgabig) March 22, 2021
I suppose this is good advice - that Christians should try to preach the Gospel not just with words but thru their actions - but easier said than done ... pic.twitter.com/FqBWnIWFLz
— sgabig (@sgabig) March 22, 2021
I suspect reading the Bible might be more inspirational if you're hoping to survive a uboat attack than reading John Donne metaphysical poetry - from "Fortunes of War"https://t.co/jW0pwjito0 pic.twitter.com/L5HFV48jCX
— sgabig (@sgabig) March 25, 2021
No comments :
Post a Comment